Holiday Travel Tips
It’s that time of year again! For those of you traveling by air this holiday season, John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period between December 21 and January 4, 2012. Last year, more than 440,000 passengers traveled through JWA during this period. Below are a few tips to ensure your holiday travel experience is as smooth as possible.
- Passengers to arrive at the Airport 1-½-to-2 hours prior to departure time for domestic flights, and 3 hours for international flights.
- Check JWA's website for the most up-to-date construction alerts along with other helpful travel tips.
- For visitors to the Airport picking up passengers, visit our online flight information page to track the status of the flights into Orange County.
- Travelers may also want to arrive a little early to take advantage of JWA's many new dining options to get a great meal, snack or a drink before catching their flights. Click here for a list of food and beverage options.
- As a reminder, gifts should not be wrapped as they are subject to search, even if placed in checked baggage.
- Snow globes that appear to contain less than 3.4 ounces (approximately tennis ball size) will be permitted in carry-on luggage if the entire snow globe, including the base, is able to fit in the same one clear, plastic, quart-sized, re-sealable bag, as the passenger’s other liquids. Larger sizes may be packed in checked baggage. See TSA's website for more information.
Parking at JWA?
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30 per day, and is located on the Departure (upper) Level in front of the Riley Terminal. There are two drop-off locations: (1) curbside between Terminals A and B, or (2) curbside between Terminals B and C.
- Parking Structures A1 and A2 are located adjacent to and directly across from Terminal A; Parking Structures B2 and C are closest to Terminals B and C. Rates are $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Terminal parking is accessible from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
Wishing you a safe and smooth traveling holiday from John Wayne Airport!
>>> Read next story...