Retail, Food & Beverage Concessions
As part of the John Wayne Airport Improvement Program, new contracts for Primary Food & Beverage, Fast Food & Casual Dining, News & Gift, and Specialty concessions have recently been awarded by the Orange County Board of Supervisors. The eight selected concessionaires are slated to invest more than $22 million to build new, and improve existing, facilities in the Riley Terminal. When construction is complete, JWA passengers will enjoy nearly double the concession space and significantly more variety in dining and shopping options than what is available today.
Artist rendering of a new concession area in New Terminal C
The following companies and store concepts have been selected to operate in the Riley Terminal:
PRIMARY FOOD & BEVERAGE: HMSHost
- Rotated Square (Between Gates 8 and 9): Farmer's Market by Laguna Culinary Arts, Ruby's Diner, and Ruby's To-Go*
- Marketplace (Between Gates 13 and 14): Javi's, Jerry's Wood-Fired Dogs, Pei Wei, Pinkberry, and Zov's
- Bars/Lounges: California Pizza Kitchen (Gate 5), Hobie Sand Bar (Gate 12) and Anaheim Ducks Breakaway Bar & Grill (Gate 18)
- Snack Bar/Grab-and-Go: Zov's (pre-security Terminal A), La Tapenade Mediterranean Café (pre-security Terminal B), and Ciao Gourmet Market (Gate 17)
- Coffee: Starbucks (locations at Gate 5, 12 and 16)
NEWS & GIFT: Hudson Group
- Terminal A (pre-security): CNN Newsstand Orange County
- Hudson News/Discover Orange County/Tech on the Go (Gate 6)
- Hudson News Newswall (Gate 3)
- Sunglass Hut/Rip Curl (Gate 8)
- CNN Newsstand Orange County/Tech on the Go (Gate 15)
NEWS & GIFT: Paradies -OC, LLC
- Terminal B (pre-security): CNBC News Orange County
- Terminal C (pre-security): OC Travel Mart
- Beachfront News and InMotion Entertainment store (Gate 13 Marketplace)
- South Coast News (Gate 11)
- CNBC News Express (Gate 18)
FAST FOOD: McDonald’s USA, LLC
- McDonald's and McCafé (Gate 6 and 11)
FAST FOOD/CASUAL DINING: CKE Restaurants, Inc.
- Carl's Jr./Green Burrito (Gate 16)
- Caterina's: Gate 14 Marketplace
- Creative Croissants: Gate 10
- Subway: Gate 13 Marketplace
- Vino Volo: Gate 9
* Scheduled to open in 2012.
Most new concessions will open by mid-December 2011. Improvements to existing concessions in Terminals A and B will begin in 2011 and will be phased to minimize impacts to Airport operations and maintain a variety of options for passengers. Existing concessions Creative Croissants in Terminal A and Caterina’s Candies in Terminal B will remain open during construction.
1Existing Starbucks locations in Terminals A and B located across from Gates 5 and 12 will move to a space adjacent to those same gates. Starbucks in the rotated square will be replaced with Ruby’s Shake Shack.