May 23, 2012
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT PROVIDES TRAVEL TIPS FOR
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Memorial Day weekend marks the beginning of the summer travel season and is traditionally one of the busiest travel periods of the year. John Wayne Airport (JWA) expects Airport traffic to be heaviest on Thursday and Friday (May 24 - 25) and Tuesday (May 29). In 2011, more than 130,000 passengers traveled through JWA between the Thursday before and the Tuesday after Memorial Day.
Visitors to JWA during the Memorial Day holiday weekend should be aware of ongoing construction activities around the Riley Terminal, exercise caution when navigating Airport roadways and follow posted speed limits. See detailed map for more information.
Travel Tips for Passengers and Visitors:
- Arrive 90 minutes to two-hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C, as portions of the white curb designated for passenger pick up areas are closed due to construction.
Parking Options at JWA:
Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the departure level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: www.ocair.com/parking.
For the latest travel tips and security requirements, log on to www.ocair.com for more information.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves approximately nine million passengers annually, reaches over 20 nonstop destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico (effective June 3, 2012). More information can be found at www.ocair.com.
receive John Wayne Airport
news releases automatically,
go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.